Saturday, May 22, 2021

Time to be Aware

 I don't know where I've been over the past years, but obviously very absent from this blog. 

I haven't been lolling in bed in a haze of 'not wanting to do anything'. In fact I've been extremely busy being busy. Teaching and staying at home mostly because of the COVID-19 pandemic but I think that too has become my excuse for not 'going out' as I used to. 

I've kept a diary, done many courses and created a calligraphy piece a day for over a year. Written poetry, gained 2 new grandchildren and quite frankly simply enjoyed my new contained studio space upstairs.

My visual diary has over 400 calligraphy pieces in it and I have written a few poems and prose pieces which I have worked on from time to time. 

A walk along the sea shore

I also started a correspondence with my friend Paddy in the deepest days of the first Lockdown which kept both of us sane over a few weeks and I need to relook at the writing to see if it worth keeping, or whether it was just something to do' in a crazy world. 

I still continue writing with prompts and with a friend. This time Sam. She and I Zoom almost weekly to chat about a writing group we've joined and how our personal writing continues as well as books to read. So we are busy and focussed. 

I'm also writing words for a project which a young girl has managed the past year. Photographs taken from a similar spot for two years. She's requested that various authors and poets write about the images. Which is a beautiful way to write - from images not words.

Now that I have re-discovered this page. I shall certainly keep it going. 





No comments: